NSSA (National Social Security Authority) is the statutory organisation tasked by law to oversee and manage social security in Zimbabwe.
All employers are required by the law to register with National Social Security Authority. Whether you are in the formal or informal sector, you are liable to register with NSSA.
NSSA operates 2 schemes to which emloyers contribute. The 1st is the Workers Compensation & Insurance Fund (WCIF) which is funded entirely by employers for the purpose of providing benefits to employees and/or their beneficiaries in the event of a workplace injury or death.
The 2nd one is the National Pension Scheme which is funded equally by both employers and employees. The fund provides benefits to employees and/or their beneficiaries in the event of retirement, invalidity or death.
Advantages of NSSA registration
What we will do for you
- Inform you of all requirements needed for registration.
- Write and/or fill out any applications needed for registration with NSSA.
- Submit the application on your behalf and do any follow-ups needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Employer registration is usually complete within 1 day while employee registration is usually complete within 1 week.
Yes it is. Registration is compulsory by law and non-compliance can result in fines, penalties and/or imprisonment.
Once registered you are obligated to:
- Inform NSSA of any employment changes.
- Deduct and remit to NSSA monthly payments for both workers compensation and national pension.
- Submit month returns to accompany your payments.
Requirements for NSSA registration
You are responsible for providing us accurate information with regards to:
- Legal name.
- Trade name.
- Company contact number, physical and postal address.
- Main business activity.
- Commencement Date of Business.
- Type of Company.
- Banker’s details (Name of the bank, branch account, account number)
- Contributions details.
- Copy of certificate of incorporation.
- Employee details.
- Employee Occupation details
- Employee contact details.
- Spouse(s) Details.
- Other dependants’ details.
- Finger prints.
- Details of Owner, Managing Director or Responsible Person.